It’s amazing how many ailments like headaches and fatigue can be attributed to dehydration.And considering how simple it is to drink more water, hopefully this article will give you a little kick in the butt to ensure you’re getting enough.
How much water I need?
There are different recommendations for water intake. A rule of thumb is one should drink about 3 litres (12 glasses) of water per day. However, different people need different amounts of water to stay hydrated. For some people, fewer than 8 glasses may be enough. Those who indulge in lot of physical activities and exercise have higher water requirements. The best way to check if you are well hydrated is to check your color of urine. If your urine color is consistently colorless or light yellow, you are most likely to be optimally hydrated. Many a times, increasing your water intake may also increase your rounds to the washroom.
Here we go with the solution
My answer to this problem is that, one should divide the water intake throughout the day instead of drinking 1 bottle at one shot. It’s always worked if you drink 1 glass of water every hour. This reduces the frequency to visit the washroom often and makes sure you are well hydrated throughout the day.
How to reach your water target?
- When you are out, consider carrying a reusable water bottle so that it could be re-filled with water once it’s empty. This can also make it easy for you to track how much water you actually drank through the day.
- If plain water doesn’t fascinate you, try squeezing a lemon to your drink
- Ensure that you drink water before, during and after your workout.
- Begin and end your day with a glass of water
- When you feel hungry, drink water. This will help you find if it’s just the thirst or you are actually hungry. True hunger will not be satisfied by drinking water.
Prepare a schedule if you have trouble remembering to drink water. For instance, drink water when you wake up; at breakfast, lunch and dinner; and when you go to bed or as I mentioned before, drink a small glass of water at the top of each hour.
- Drink water when you go to a restaurant. It will not only keep you hydrated but also keep you full so that you eat in controlled portions.
- Take-away message: Stay well- hydrated, keep glowing and keep fit!